At MOVE, protecting your security is always our first priority.
As part of the roll out of the New Payments Platform, we’ve implemented 24/7 fraud monitoring to detect suspicious NPP transactions.
If a transaction from your account is identified by the system as being potentially fraudulent:
- The funds will be frozen immediately until you authorise the payment.
- You will receive an SMS to the mobile phone number we have recorded in your contact details asking you to authorise or decline the payment. You will also receive an email to let you know that the SMS has been sent.
- If you authorise the payment the funds will be released and the transaction will be completed
- If you DO NOT authorise the payment the fund will be returned to your account
To authorise or decline a transaction, simply follow the instructions in the SMS.
What else can you do to reduce the risk of fraud?
1. Sign up for One Time Passwords
- One Time Passwords is a secondary layer of security which makes it more difficult for fraudsters to gain access to your account.
2. Update your mobile phone number
- Make sure your contact details are up to date with your current mobile phone number. You can do this by logging in to myMOVE Banking and selecting ‘Update Contact Details’ from the My Preferences menu.
If you have any questions about fraud notifications or how to protect your details online, please call us on 1300 362 216 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org