With an increasing number of Australians investing in property, it’s a good idea that you consider protecting your investment with landlords insurance.

What will landlords insurance cover?


Tenant related issues – Including loss of rent, rent default, damage, vandalism and liability cover


Building cover - Includes the structure of the property and fixed items such as pipes, gas and heating systems, fixed appliances, exterior blinds and some external structures. If your building is already insured by an owner’s corporation or strata, you may want to insure just the contents of the property.


Contents – Although your tenants will need to have their own insurance to cover their personal belongings, you need to cover items which aren’t viewed as a structural part of the house. These include carpets, curtains, blinds and appliances.


The level of cover you need will depend on your situation so invest the time in reading your policy to understand the inclusions and exclusions carefully to make sure you have the right cover in place.


Review your policy and drive away with $20K*


Right now we’re giving new Landlords Insurance customers the chance to win $20K toward a new car. Or a $1,000 gift card*.  Simply invest in a new eligible policy from MOVE by June 3 and you’re in the draw!


Insurance issued by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 trading as CGU Insurance. Any advice is general only. Consider the relevant PDS available from mymove.com.au/insurance to see if a product is right for you. *Conditions of Entry apply and are available at http://cgul.ink/buyandwin. See Conditions of Entry for a full list of participating partners and eligible policies. Authorised under NSW Permit Number LTPS/18/21404, ACT Permit Number TP18/00130, SA Licence Number T18/103.